It is only June, but this summer is already off to an amazing start! I took a Cadillac CTS to Montreal for a couple days, and am in the planning stages of a couple other road trips. It's quite exciting, and I was thinking that one thing that would make my road trips even better would be to be able to capture some great shots. So, last week I made the decision to step my photography game up. Don't get me wrong, I love my iPhone, as you can tell by my ridiculous amount of pics on Instagram, but I've been contemplating on purchasing a DSLR camera for awhile now. On Friday night - I took the plunge!
After some research, I purchased a Canon EOS Rebel T3. I'm a beginner (read: brand-spanking new), so this is a great entry-level camera. The camera is light-weight, and easy to use. I'm still learning all the features, but from playing with it over the weekend, I am incredibly happy with my choice!
Here are some of the Product Features captured from the Best Buy website.
- The high-res 12.2MP CMOS sensor works with the DIGIC 4 image processor so images are exceptionally sharp and clear with incredible tonal range and reduced noise
- Use the Live View function to compose your shots on the stunning 2.7" LCD screen
- An Image Rating function makes it easy to sort and quickly play back your photos
- Creative Auto mode lets you change your photos to look exactly how you want them
- Improved EOS HD Movie mode with expanded recording [HD: 30p (29.97) / 25p] and in-camera movie editing options makes filmmaking easy
- Learn more about the camera's shooting modes and features with the on-screen guide's easy-to-understand explanations
- 3.0fps continuous shooting up to approximately 3 JPEGs or 2 RAW files so you never miss a moment of fast-moving action
- Capture gorgeous HD 1280 x 720 movies
- A high ISO range of 100-6400 makes shooting in low-light situations a snap
- The high-speed, high-precision 9-point AF system ensures you get accurate focus in a split second
- The 63-zone dual-layer metering system analyzes the area around the chosen points for optimal exposure and image quality with every click
- For use with SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards
- Compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses
Now, this camera is not only for road trips - obviously. It's a great investment for capturing so many of life's awesome moments. I'm excited to learn more and share some great shots with all of you!